Blogging for Human Rights

Poetry for Human Rights

Bloggers Unite


15 May, as you may remember, is the day of Blogging for Human Rights.

I would like to invite anyone and everyone to submit poems or stories on Human Rights.

I wrote one poem myself which I will publish here now. I hope some of you will be able to contribute some more.

Here is my Human Rights poem. It is about INJUSTICE.



Someone Else's Crime

I will grow tomatoes
When you've set me free.
I will live at home in peace
Where all will let me be.

I will wake up cheerful
In the morning to the sun.
I will feel at peace at last,
Once my Freedom's won.

I have been imprisoned here
For someone else's crime.
I have lived my life in fear,
And I have done my time.

All I want, is to feel safe -
Relaxed and calm and free.
I have been good, to fellow men.
Why aren't they good to me?

I try to keep my head up high,
Imagining the day
When I will be allowed to fly,
When I will go away,

And wrap myself in someone's arms
Who knows me as I am.
I try to think about that day,
As hard as try I can ...

I will wake up smiling,
In the morning sun.
I will kiss the one I love, and
Once this battle's done ...

I will grow tomatoes in
My garden in the grass,
And tie my hair behind my head ...
And when this storm has passed,

I will sit up late at night
With cats and cups of tea,
I will live no more in fright
Once I have been set free.

I only want this misery
And fear and pain to end.
I only want a life at peace
Surrounded by my friends.

But that will be another day.
Today I must remain
Within the madness of this place
In fear, and hope, and pain.

But always, I hold up my head,
Imagining the day
When I will be allowed to go,
When I will fly away ...

Not now. It isn't over yet
I must sit out my time,
As I have done, for all these years,
For someone else's crime.


- Written by Anna Vera Williams at Age 33

http://freepoemsonline.blogspot.com

Free Poems

8 comments:

paisley said...

it is almost surrealistic that anyone should have to speak such words.. we as american's find it hard to relate to anyone that just wants to be free,, when all our lives,, if we have been nothing else,, we have been free... very thought provoking poem....

Crafty Green Poet said...

Thanks for the reminder of the Day of Blogging for Human Rights. Good poem to post as a reminder too,

C. Elizabeth said...

Hey Anna--

I exchanged links with you. Let me know how we could coloborate or how I can contribute.

Anna said...

Thank you! C. Elizabeth, I just found your other blog, I will get back with you.

Maya said...

Anna,
I like the tomato touch! It adds a lot to the poem. You definitely inspire me to contribute!

Thanks for checking out my blog, I'm so glad you liked it. I'm also going to try and be more regular now, so keep checking back!!
How can I exchange links with you? You gave me 3 links, which one should I put on my blog?
You can get back to me via e-mail or by commenting on my blog.

Dave Donelson said...

Very nice expression of your thoughts on human rights.

Dave Donelson, author of Heart of Diamonds

Mona Schwenker said...

Your Poems are so deep …………. really great ! So I want to invite you to our worldwide project:

Ever heard of Global Human Trafficking or Modern Day Slavery?
Have you ever talked about it, or discussed it amongst your friends?

Your are an artist ? A poet ? A musican ? An actor ?

So lets get started – come and join us, and BE a PART of Artists for freedom !!!

Check it out , log in at our website http:// http://www.artistsforfreedom.net
and fight together for human rights and human trafficking worldwide !!!

Would be great to have you on board, Best Regards from Germany , Mona Schwenker

And don’t forget to tell all your friends :-))

khadine dominique said...

omg that was really good here's my poem hope u guys like it

i wake up in the morning to hope that to be free.

i fight and fight my way though so i can be free.

i close my eyes to hope to see love peace.

but...
when i wake up am still here.

why why why can't i be free ?

 

Blogger Templates | Design by Make Money Online | Privacy Policy | Related Websites and Blogs