Dining Alfresco by Tom Fenning

Dining Alfresco

Alfresco

For a boy from

The city

Dining Alfresco

Looked pretty.

Surrounded by trees

And flora abundance.

Caterpillars and bees

Doing a fun dance.

Iron Tables

And chairs

Green umbrellas

To ward off

The sun

Looked like

Eating alfresco

Could be fun.

The bee determined

To annoy me

But a swat of

My hat

Ended all that.

The caterpillar

On umbrella top

Continued to gyrate

And wriggle

So funny

I had to stifle

A giggle.

This lunch was

An adventure

And one I will treasure

And probably

Venture

to enjoy

This pleasure.


Tom Fenning

7/17/04

Lunch at the Blue Star


You may use this poem for free as long as you credit the author,
and, if published online, include a link to this post.

1 comment:

Fireblossom said...

Ha! That's really cute, Tom, it made me smile!

 

Blogger Templates | Design by Make Money Online | Privacy Policy | Related Websites and Blogs