Dancing with a dream - by Tom Fenning

Free Poems

Dancing with a Dream

As you fell into my arms
A perfect fit
The feeling, felt so right
We gazed into each others eyes
We knew it
As we grasped each other
And held so tight.
The pounding of our hearts
Beating to the melody
Of Sinatra crooning
“I’ll never smile again.”
The smile was there
For fifty six years
Suddenly the music stopped,
You left
Called home.
Now
I’m all alone.
Awaiting my call
Beaconing me home.


Written by Tom Fenning
6/16/2008

This poem can be used for free as long as the author is given credit. If the poem is published online, please include a link to this post.

http://freepoemsonline.blogspot.com
Free Poems
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Rathnashikamani said...

Magical dream!
Wonderful poem.

 

Blogger Templates | Design by Make Money Online | Privacy Policy | Related Websites and Blogs