Stumbling - By Lanny Wafer

Stumbling

Grey is gone now… days are blue and clear
Yet I try hard to forget, to hide the tears
A moment I do…
then I hear something warmly spoken, another memory of you
the gentle brush your soft touch on my hand
The sweet whisper of your warm lips or your toes in the sand
You smiled at me from beneath your soft golden hair
As if to say not yet; but nearly there
I am awakened from the dark…
I scream your name, gone in a flash a spark
I realize my love is not easily forgotten, not easily lost
my heart as the ocean: wayward and tossed
tomorrow like today memory after memory friend or foe
Will hold on and not let go…


- Written by: Lanny Wafer

This poem can be used for free as long as the name of the author is included and the author is given credit.
If the poem is published online, please include a link to this post.

1 comment:

Unorthodoxliving said...

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed the poem so much that I used it for a project and set it to music. :)

 

Blogger Templates | Design by Make Money Online | Privacy Policy | Related Websites and Blogs