THE DIRTY BEGGARS - By NARASIMHA RAO INDIA

THE DIRTY BEGGARS

I am a pure devotee of God
And I go to the temple every day
I am a very strict vegetarian
And keep my body very clean
Yesterday I went to the temple
While I was about to enter it
A dirty beggar touched my feet
And begged for alms
My body was polluted
And I went home
To have a purification bath
And got back and was taken aback
I was surrounded by A host of beggars
Who touched my feet One by one shamelessly
I was totally polluted
My sanctity is unfortunately lost
I will never get God’s innumerable blessings
I will never excuse the dirty beggars for their misgivings .


- Written by: NARASIMHA RAO INDIA

This poem can be used for free as long as the name of the author is included and the author is given credit.

You may use the link englishmonger.blogspot.com, if the poem is published online.

No comments:

 

Blogger Templates | Design by Make Money Online | Privacy Policy | Related Websites and Blogs