Marooned - By Shamika Shabnam

Marooned

It seemed as if yesterday I was high up on cloud nine
The swift breeze of bliss and contentment was wafting all over me,
Like a rapid, galloping horse
The aura of ecstasy was running in every single unit of my body,
I had an astounding sensation that,
there wasn't a second individual with such a splendid lifestyle as mine.

But every captivating dream is followed by a ghastly nightmare
Out of the blue, I found myself marooned in a trapped location
Like a forsaken, abandoned youngster
Stranded in an anonymous island
I had no acquaintances with whom I can chatter merrily
I constantly kept on creating catchy quotes in my constructive mind,
cause I lacked a companion
With whom I can communicate effectively.

The awareness of being marooned was as anguishing and suffocating;
As a helpless sparrow, trapped inside a gloomy cage
The sparrow is a feeble victim,
The cage is its predator
I am a feeble victim,
The trapped location around me is my predator
Who has marooned me to death.

Marooned, marooned, marooned........


- Written by: Shamika Shabnam

This poem can be used for free as long as the name of the author is included and the author is given credit.
If the poem is published online, please include a link to this post.

1 comment:

S Islam said...

This is a very excellent poem. It symbolizes the loneliness a person is going through. I thank free poems.com for posting this poem. We are expecting more poems from her.

S Islam

 

Blogger Templates | Design by Make Money Online | Privacy Policy | Related Websites and Blogs