Outsider… - By Lanny Wafer

Outsider…

Like an outsider looking in
Staring in your eyes from above
Your beautiful heart felt grin
I see over your left shoulder
I'll never tell, anything about us
A young man grows older
Lost all but the pictures
In my mind me and you
I don’t lie my heart is true
Don’t leave me yet
I need to feel this hurt inside
Lightning across the sky
Thunder rolls forward… I try
Head follows, heart stays
Still asking how, why
Please I want something To hold on to
More than a faded dream
Grasping for us, losing hope
While around me disappears
Like water down a drain
You were everything
Taken by the wind
To see you again
Makes the fall harder
Your beauty etched in my mind
Can I try to get where I was?
Before your angelic presence
Tore my heart out over and over
I thought angels healed and protected
I thought God remembered my cry
Two steps forward
A thousand back
Can I return to yesterday?
No let me love you
Feel my presence surround you
Throughout your day


- Written by: Lanny Wafer

This poem can be used for free as long as the name of the author is included and the author is given credit.
If the poem is published online, please include a link to this post.

No comments:

 

Blogger Templates | Design by Make Money Online | Privacy Policy | Related Websites and Blogs