When - By Lori Spoelder

When

In my heart I know it's you
when I open my eyes to start each day
when I sip my coffee, I feel your smile
when I think of you, there is nothing I wouldn't do
to make you feel secure and want to stay
when I think of you, it's all worthwhile,
when I dial your number, just to hear your voice
hoping to hear you say
"How are you? Is your day going well? I miss you too"
when I feel so scared and alone,
when I feel a warm south wind gently hug me,
I know that you are there and will always be
when I think about my future, you are there
when I think of you,
I want to be there for you, as you are for me
I want to give you strength and courage
Can't you see?
when I think of you, I want you to take my hand
when you are unsteady and only when you are ready
when I think of you,
when darkness falls and the hour is late,
when I close my eyes at night,
is when I think of you,
thoughts so sweet and tender, they cannot wait,
for they comfort me until morning light,
when I think of you
I think of us ...
Forever and always.


- Written by: Lori Spoelder

This poem can be used for free as long as the name of the author is included and the author is given credit.
If the poem is published online, please include a link to this post.

No comments:

 

Blogger Templates | Design by Make Money Online | Privacy Policy | Related Websites and Blogs