The Old Lady at the Door - By Lanny Wafer

The Old Lady at the Door

Tired again, I searched from door to door.
Hoping she would be there.
I knew I’d know her
when I saw Her eyes, her face, her hair
I came to a door that was ragged and worn
With a note “to thine own self be true”
It seemed out of place but what the heck
I still had to find you,,,
A little old lady came to the door,
as slowly she opened and peered‘
The person you seek is long gone my son
But you see she was once here’
Am I late? Did I miss her? Why did I not know?
So she was the one I missed at night,
when I slept all alone
“The reason you missed her love and her kiss
was as simple as this rose”
She handed me a fragile flower through the gaping door
Wrapped tenderly in a sheet, not a wrinkle not a stain
Focus on one flower, through love, and joy and pain.
The world is such an awesome place,
with many hearts to steal
Wait for the one that you really love,
and you will know it’s real.
I left the house with my new gift,
stronger than before
Because I heard my future lover,
the old lady at the door.


- Written by: Lanny Wafer

This poem can be used for free as long as the name of the author is included and the author is given credit.
If the poem is published online, please include a link to this post.

No comments:

 

Blogger Templates | Design by Make Money Online | Privacy Policy | Related Websites and Blogs