Wonder - By Jennifer Wood

Wonder

How can the outside world be so beautiful.
When my life is in peril.

How can I be called beautiful.
When I feel ugly inside.

How can their be light.
When I am in the dark.

How can I put up this protective wall up.
When I want to curl up and cry.

How can you still love me.
When I don't love you back.

What good things do you see in me.
When I can't see any of it.


- Written by: Jennifer Wood

This poem can be used for free as long as the name of the author is included and the author is given credit.
If the poem is published online, please include a link to this post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is good; the parallelism and repetition are really effective. I just started a poetry blog too: http://www.anotherteenpoet.com

Ganesh said...

the poem is fine except for two points which i feel can make it shape better :

1. the fifth stanza stresses on - ' still '. I feel that breaks the coherency of the emotional plane at which the author travels.

2. Stanza 5 would better suit as the last stanza - as a culmination ( a high point ) of all those ironies. The intensities of each point expressed varies and hence choosing a progressive stance in ordering the lines would help build the mood better.

 

Blogger Templates | Design by Make Money Online | Privacy Policy | Related Websites and Blogs