That Old Runaway Train Of Thought - By Lee Woodward

That Old Runaway Train Of Thought

I thought I saw you the other day…
I lost my mind (it ran away).

I searched the world through memories,
Through picnic blankets and chestnut trees,
I ran across moonlit sand dunes,
Your palm gripped tight in mine.
I tasted swordfish steak and cayenne peppered oysters,
Then mulled the meaning of wine,

But, still, I found myself lost; failed to locate my mind.

Instead, I saw the heartache of several sunsets combine,
then rise as one beyond that dusty old blind of yours,
The one I gazed through all of those mornings
when I couldn’t sleep
Through fear of snoring:
All of those mornings when I didn’t mind
Because you were mine to keep

And though I haven’t seen my mind since then,
I miss it every day.
It only dreamt of you at night and kept waking dreams at bay.


- Written by: Lee Woodward

My poem can be used for free as long as people first obtain my permission by writing to
lee.j.woodward@gmail.com
or through my blog
actorpoetplaywright.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Jyoti Mishra said...

beautifully expressed emotions !!

I read this line "I lost my mind (it ran away)." and I thought... hell yeah it happens with everyone at some or the other point.

Seo Usa said...

Really its so interesting poem.Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

a swoop and a cross

 

Blogger Templates | Design by Make Money Online | Privacy Policy | Related Websites and Blogs