Prayer - By Harry McKeown

Prayer

Life passes underneath
the grit beneath my feet,
easier than it should.

Rain drips down my brow
as the fog lifts away from
sprinting thoughts.

As if the beads of sweat are
life's burdens,
my mind clears as the taste of
blood returns
and a deep mist bellows from my lungs.

The place I go to,
without hiding,
where nobody can find me.
Thoughtless yet mindful.
Deep solitude amongst
passing cars, spray painted postboxes
and abandoned trolleys.

Where the leaves crunch,
twigs crack and the tarmac
is a black lake set against
rows of false trees.

Never running away, as
no such place exists.
There's nowhere to run to
and nothing to run from
except myself.



- Written by Harry McKeown

This poem can be used for free as long as the name of the author is included and the author is given credit.
car-wash-hair.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Fery said...

Nice Poems.. So beautifull

Rathnashikamani said...

Beautiful poem.
Great prayer!

Anonymous said...

hii. l like yourpoetry.. i have also a blog in poetry so plz share it.. nd tell me if you found any mistake..

 

Blogger Templates | Design by Make Money Online | Privacy Policy | Related Websites and Blogs