GOING HOME - By Lynn Hanna Barany

GOING HOME

I want to visit my parent's home
That sits beside the river.
I want to sleep in that special room,
Where the photos were framed in silver.

I want to sit in the kitchen
At that table made of oak,
I will drink coffee with my Dad,
And laugh at all his jokes.

I want to do some shopping,
Just Mom and I alone.
She will say "Hello" to folks
And "look who just came home".

I will go and visit my Uncle,
And he will make me smile.
With all his latest gossip,
Now this could take awhile.

that home is someone else's now,
I can't visit anymore.
W will never sit on their veranda,
Nor have a key to the front door.

Everything has changed for me
My parents are no longer here.
But when I walk along the river
I know that they are near.

What I would give to go back there
To see the boats cruise by.
Oh please Dear God would you hold me
Please hold me while I cry.


- Written by: Lynn Hanna Barany

This poem can be used for free as long as the name of the author is included and the author is given credit.
If the poem is published online, please include a link to this post.

No comments:

 

Blogger Templates | Design by Make Money Online | Privacy Policy | Related Websites and Blogs