Only me, myself and I - By Hamza Matar


Only me, myself and I

Only me, myself and I in my insulation
At night insomniac, me my guitar and desperation
Coffees are wine… wine and coffee
Am I asleep or awake, sober or stoned?
Trapped between my guitar and my bottle made my mold
Chocked with a scream
There goes my dream
As I wondered who am I
Falling into frustration
It’s me who had it all in my hands and I let go
It’s me who ran the hills of heaven with joy and I didn’t know
And now I know
Now I know
Only me, myself and I in my insulation
In a bar full of people as I play my guitar with exhilaration
Then there she was
At the door
Chocked with words
I couldn’t sing
As she said hi
And her voice rang
In my ears
I can’t rely on my hallucinations
It’s me who had it all in my hands and I let go of it
It’s me who ran the hills of heaven with laughter and I didn’t realize it
Now I know… it was you…
It was you


- Written by: Hamza Matar

This poem can be used for free as long as the name of the author is included and the author is given credit.
www.hamzamatar.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Hamza Matar said...

thank you very much for publishing my poem

 

Blogger Templates | Design by Make Money Online | Privacy Policy | Related Websites and Blogs